This Mexican casserole is Low Carb & Keto friendly! It tastes really good too! I use this often in my meal prepping. Its very versatile so you can change up the cheese or change around the spices to taste easily! I normally cut it into 12 pieces, but sometimes 8, and adjust macros accordingly. I serve this with some sour cream on top, and sometimes some hot sauce.
12 oz cheese
2 lbs ground beef
2 cans diced chiles
1 can rotel
9 oz chorizo
1 cup heavy cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Brown ground beef and season with Garlic salt and black pepper
3. In a separate pan, cook chorizo
4. Add paprika, chili powder, and cumin to ground beef and mix well.
5. Add chorizo to ground beef and mix
6. Add rotel to meat mixture
7. Add diced chiles to mixture
8. Add 1 can of water and mix
9. Taste and adjust spices if needed
10. Cover & simmer at lower heat, until done with next steps, stirring occasionally
11. Crack eggs into a bowl
12. Add heavy cream to eggs and mix
13. Add 4 oz of cheese to mixture and mix
14. Add 4 more oz of cheese and mix
15. Pour meat mixture into 13×9 baking dish and spread evenly
16. Pour egg & cheese mixture over meat and mix
17. Place baking dish in oven
18. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes (In the video it says 30 minutes, but it ended up taking a little longer)
19. After its done, sprinkle remainder of cheese on top, and broil on high for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted well.
Calories & Macros can vary depending on brands.