I love cool whip! But unfortunately it has too many carbs!
I was researching another recipe recently and it called for cool whip. I went to buy some sugar free cool whip and discovered that it has exactly the same amount of carbs as the sugar filled cool whip!
So through some trial and error I finally got the taste and consistency that I was looking for! Go ahead and try this out and let me know what you think!
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add heavy cream, coconut oil, stevia, xanthan gum, and vanilla to a mixing bowl
2. Whisk to mix ingredients to together well
3. Use immersion blender to blend mixture until it thickens up
4. Once thickened refridgerate for at least 1 hour. (It will thicken up more while its cooling)
5. Use in place of normal cool whip and Enjoy!
Servings will vary depending on use. About 25. Makes about enough to fill a cool whip container.
Fat: 14.9 g
Carbs: 0.8 g
Protein: 0.6 g